Men’s Fellowship (The Brotherhood)
Men’s Fellowship is an arm of the church for the express purpose of ministering to men.
A vehicle that provides an opportunity for men to come together and feel a real sense of brotherhood is a Men’s Ministry; one that addresses their needs in a non-threatening environment and provide them with opportunities to build Godly relationships, rise above their struggles, and grow spiritually in the process.
The Men’s ministry or department is an auxiliary of the church supporting the retention of men within the church. It provides them with an outlet to interact with the Pastor and other men apart from a Sunday morning sermon and mid-week teaching exercise.
Through regular fellowship, study of the word, recreation outings, and mutual support, the men’s ministry seeks to establish men as spiritual leaders in their homes and followers of Christ.
Within any established church organization are the following two groups of men:
- Christian Men
- Unsaved Men
Typically, common to both groups are the following characteristics:
- Men who want and need fellowship with other men
- Men who are leaders in need of spiritual growth and leadership development
- Men who want to be good disciples in need of spiritual growth and effective leadership
- Men who have struggles in everyday life
Therefore, in addition to ministering to each other, the men’s fellowship seeks to win the unsaved men, especially those whose family members attend our church. We are also dedicated to outreach of abandoned sons and give them support and show them the love of Christ.
The following guiding principles are our foundation for every gathering or meeting whether it is a recreational outing, food function, or spiritual encounter:
- Promote brotherhood and strengthen fellowship
- Share spiritual and natural experiences
- Spiritual enlightenment – knowing the will of God
- To be a designated regularly scheduled time for brothers to interact and be blessed of the Lord together
- To operate in unity – Get a break – through
- To defeat Satan’s attach against men
- Encourage, exhort, and pray for one another that we can be all that God intends for us to be
- To enjoy our time together
“Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! Ps. 133:1